Friday, September 17, 2010

I have a schedule!

I have schedule. It may sound funny but I haven't had anything that resembles a schedule for years. I work from my home, a room 13' x14' that is my studio. It's right off my dining room and kitchen. Too, close to the action of family life. I have been battling within myself about time spent with family and working on my art. Feeling torn by what I love to do, making my art and making time for loved ones.  In the past my family came first, no matter what. Then about three months ago, I was trying to get something done for a online sale and I just kept getting interrupted. I hadn't made anything for awhile before this , not that I hadn't been trying! One day went by and I didn't have time to work on my art. Then another, then another and finally about a month went by and I hadn't worked on my art at all!  I was cranky and upset and I felt like I was going to explode!  I found myself writing a response in a art group forum about it and then the light bulb went on!  I need a schedule! It's only been three days , but it seems to be working. We shall see how it goes.

No comments: