Friday, January 7, 2011

Owls are a favorite of mine!

This is my first one of a kind piece for 2011.

Owls have always been a favorite of mine well before the movie, Lengends of the Guardians,The Owls of Ga'Hoole came out. (Which I saw and really enjoyed) I think they are beautiful and interesting. According to a magazine article in Birds and Blooms not all owls are nocturnal, grey and northern hawk owls are diurnal, meaning they're awake during the day. Owls can not see in complete darkness, they can see excellently in low light though, dusk and dawn are their preferred hunting times. Not all owls live in the woods. Some live in grassland underground burrows while others live in cati. When I was young I learned the hard way they can be quite territorial. I had one swoop down and grab my hair! I love the sound of  the owls when camping and enjoy watching them from a distance. The sillhoette of a owl against the moon is a spooky Halloween image, but also a beautiful one to me.

4 comments:

niknik said...

Очень красивая сова! Я тоже очень люблю этих птиц!

Leah's Art Magic said...

niknik said, Very beautiful owl! I also love these birds!

Thank you niknik. :)

Liz Revit said...

Leah, I love this new piece. I love owls too.

I like the new painting on top of your blog as well. Looks like you're in an owl mood.

Have a great new year!

Leah's Art Magic said...

Thanks Liz! I am in the owl mood. :)